Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ways to Keep Us Sane

"Ahh, wonderful coffee," I say as I sip on my coffee while listening to Kings of Leon. I'm pretty sure my infatuation with Kings of Leon has grown into something irrational but I don't care. "What should my next blog post be about," I think to myself as I sift through my thoughts and opinions. I move my yoga mat aside so an elderly gentleman with the paper can sit in the chair beside me. "My poor poetry book... it's been so neglected." I adjust my hipster glasses and pull up my skinny jeans and realize...

God damn. I should probably never get a Mac just for the sake I might drown in the mainstream.

Joke of the day: If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does a hipster buy its album?

ANYWAYS, here's a poem I wrote. enjoy

Dance in the sunshine
Feel the grass under your feet
Sway to the rhythm produced by the beat of your heart
No need for music
Just the heat in the air
Today I dance with reckless abandon because today I do not care
With the clouds as my partner we fly across the sky
Such a beautiful melody it's no wonder that they cry
Cherish each rain drop upon your face as you would a warm embrace
Twirl under the arms of the trees and leap through the meadows with the ease of a child
Today I dance with reckless abandom
Today, for you, I care




No comments:

Post a Comment