Friday, April 26, 2013

The Reaper is Calling

I was discouraged that I had almost lost this poem in the deep corners of the internet abyss. I had posted this as a Facebook status awhile ago and timeline just about chewed it up and spit it out in a place far, far away.

But, with great perseverance and determination, I found it! And I would like to share it with you. Perhaps in the future I'll give you the back story. I can tell you that it dawned upon me as I was sitting at the table eating a grapefruit. Random right? But you never know when a muse will bless you with an idea. However, for now, I'd just like to leave you with my rhyming words and allow you to experience them for yourself.



When the time comes and the reaper is calling
Will you find yourself stalling?
"One minute, good sir, I must wash the dishes
Tally up my dreams and count my wishes
If only I had time for the ones left unfulfilled
My soul I am not ready to yield
There's so much left to see and do
I'm sorry but I am not ready for you."
The reaper laughs and shakes his head
"Look around you. You're already dead
You're angry and bitter and you've withered away
Don't deny you haven't been dreaming of this day
No more obligations and chores to be done
It's your fault you didn't have enough fun."
Tears fall from your eyes and silently you weep
For the promises you failed to keep
The songs left unsung and the dances unfinished
Because your light you allowed to diminish
So tell me, when your time is done
Will you scream and cry and run
Or will you gladly give up the ghost
And hold your head high to greet your heavenly host
No regrets and no remorse
Your beautiful life has run its' course
Leaving a powerful legacy behind
With a dying whisper, "I lived my life and I made it MINE."

Cheers
Stay beautiful, my lovelies




No comments:

Post a Comment