Saturday, April 11, 2015

The other day I heard someone argue "going to college turns you into a democrat!" 

Now I don't like to expressly talk negatively about one party or another but if you invite me in I'm going to walk around your house. 

By saying college makes you a democrat, you are saying that HIGHER EDUCATION makes you a democrat. You know, that KNOWLEDGE stuff and exposure to other cultures and types of people. 

So it is your ignorance and lack of knowledge that makes you a Republican? No? Then maybe I'd reword your argument. 

My political science professor once used this to explain the liberal bias in the media. To become a journalist you have to go to college, and statistically those who go to college are democrat. Don't like the liberal bias? Quit putting faith in your google education and go get some knowledge. Just try to resist those nasty liberals that try to convert you while you're in college with things like logic, facts, and exposure to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment