Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Story For You

Louise

Did I mention my poems are also borderline horrifying? If they're not depressing they're Tim Burton scary. Good thing I love me some Tim Burton. I was known for writing random bits of poetry and song lyrics on my papers at my old job where I worked for my good friend Louise. I figured I would touch back on a bit of nostalgia for this story.
Just you wait until I show you the one I have written for Christmas ;)


There once was a girl named Shalese
Who worked for a woman named Louise
They worked at that good ole place called (insert business here)
Getting along with ..... most of their peers
Jewelry was organized again and again
The shoe mess would never end
Almost reaching their wits end
One fine day they made a friend
He staggered up to the counter
Standing in a sort of awkward stupor
He didn't say anything but moan
He reached out his arms and then he groaned
His skin was sallow and a ghastly shade of gray
It was then we did hear Louise say
"A zombie! A zombie!" she did cry
Then the man did shrug and sigh
"I am not a zombie. You are mistaken.
Though such an assumption is often taken."
I've been looking and looking for the perfect ring
One to make my girl's heart sing
I can't find one anywhere"
He did stop and then he stared.
"You see her beauty is beyond compare."
We combed through our jewelry cases
Louise and Shalese exchanging faces
"Is this guy really for real?"
"He looks like he'd make my brain a meal."
But alas the ring we did find
He stared at it and began to unwind
Emerald cut, sterling silver
"Here you, now leave us mister."
As Shalese handed him his bag
He leaned over and then cried "TAG."
And with that he did bite into her arm
Shalese cried out in alarm
"Now you get to play my Halloween game"
Louise looked at Shalese's arm, now maimed
"Zombie tag, it's great fun
Tell all your friends they better run."









1 comment:

  1. Just one more reason I miss you..... all the papers with little stories left on my desk. Now if you could find a way to add the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete